Samosa with Spinach and Kiri Cheese
Crispy baked samosa filled with Kiri Square Portions and spinach
For the Filling
- 8 Kiri Square Portions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 grams (4 cups) spinach, chopped
- 5 leeks, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
For the Assembling
- 10 samosa leaves
Preparing the Spinach Filling
- In a large pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, the leeks, and stir for 3 minutes with a spatula until it is soft.
- Add the spinach, salt, pepper, and cook for 5 minutes until the spinach is dry. Make sure the spinach doesnt burn so keep stirring at all the time of cooking.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, add the Kiri cheese portions and press them using a spatula until the texture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add the spinach to the kiri cheese and mix together until well combined.
Assembling the Samosas
- Place a full teaspoon of the spinach filling mixture in the center of the dough and fold it into a triangle shape.
- Brush the spinach samosa triangles with vegetable oil.
- Place the spinach samosas in an oven pan covered with parchment paper.
- Bake the spinach samosas with Kiri cheese in a preheated oven at 180C (356F) for 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm