CONSUMERS’ PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
1. BEL’S COMMITMENT FOR PRIVACY
To best meet our Consumers’ expectation and forge with them the strongest links possible, our Group is often led to collect Personal Data by different meanings. Consumers must be assured that we take the best care to guarantee the confidentiality of every personal information exchanged between them and our Group and Brands.
BEL undertakes not to violate your privacy and ensure full transparency and security while collecting and storing your Personal Data.
As part of this commitment, we have implemented a policy on processing our consumer’s Personal Data. This Consumer’s Personal Data Policy describes our practices regarding information collected, used, disclosed and otherwise processed when you visit the BEL websites.
« Personal Data » must be understood as any collected information relating to an individual that enables us to identify our consumers directly or indirectly.
Before you give us any Personal Data, we strongly recommend you to read carefully this Policy.
BEL will use your Personal Data for marketing purposes. If required by local regulation, your consent might be asked before any collection of personal information and for the purpose of such collection.
- Legitimacy: The data will be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes; Processing will not involve sensitive data (e.g. racial or ethnic origin, political, philosophical or religious opinion, union membership of persons, health or sex life, offences, sentences and security measures).
- Relevance: Collected data will be suitable, relevant and non-excessive with regard to the purposes for which they are collected;.
- Accuracy: The data will be accurate, complete and, if necessary, up to date;
- Transparency: When collecting your Personal Data, you will be informed about every relevant information and notice relating to this collection and process of your data and notably concerning the purpose and recipients of such information.
- Storage: The data will be kept for a time period that does not exceed the period required for the purposes for which they are collected and processed;
- Consent: The person concerned must have given his/her consent to the processing of his/her data;
- Confidentiality & Security: We will safeguard the confidentiality and security of every collected Personal Data by implementing reasonable technical measures.
This Policy is applicable to:
5. TYPE OF COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
Depending on the context, we may ask you for information about you and/or family members such as:
- Contact details, which may include last name, first name, phone number, e-mail, home address
- Personal information (date of birth, etc.)
- Information about your family such as the number of persons in your household, their ages, and certain lifestyle facts
- Your consumption habits as regards to dairy products/cheeses
BEL takes the protection of children’s privacy seriously and believes that parents should be informed of the relation between our company and our brands and their young children. That is why BEL undertakes to ask for parents’/guardians’ e-mail addresses of Internet users under 12 in order to copy them of every e-mail asking for children personal data. At any time, parents/guardians will be entitled on demand to have access to Personal Data concerning their child and ask for the modification or deletion of such Data from our consumer’s database by contacting our consumer service. [if applicable: Parents should be aware that information that is voluntarily given by children – or others – in chat sessions, email exchanges, bulletin boards or the like may be used by other parties to generate unsolicited email or other contacts.]
6. MOMENT OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data could be collected at different points, including but not limited to:
- When contacting our consumer service (questions, claims, etc.)
- When participating in marketing programs or animations (contests, games, newsletters, etc)
- When browsing our BEL Group Websites
7. PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Answer to every request you may have before the consumer’s service
- Improve our products notably thanks to a better understanding of your needs and desires
- Download some discount vouchers
- Send you newsletters, promotions or offers from partners. At any time, you can cancel your subscription to these newsletters by clicking on the provided link at the bottom of these e-mails.
- Secure and improve your use of BEL websites (browsing, security of data,…)
- Be in compliance with local regulations
8. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to guarantee your right to access and modify your data, we will be led to transfer (or otherwise make available) your Personal Data to internal and external recipients:
- Internal recipients are authorized persons, notably:
- IT Services
- Marketing services
- External recipients, notably:
- External service providers : third-party IT service, call centers, printers, …
- Commercial partners, management of promotional operations companies
- We may have to share your Personal Data with local authorities if legally requested by law, in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
BEL and its affiliates operate in various countries around the world and your Personal Data may therefore be transferred across international borders, including to countries that have different levels of data protection laws to the country from where you submitted your Personal Data. BEL will take the appropriate measures to maintain security of the Personal Data both during transit and at the receiving location.
BEL take the best care, by taking appropriate technical measures, to guarantee against accidental or not accidental loss or destruction, or against unauthorized access or disclosure of your Personal Data.
BEL informs you that it is likely to use temporary “cookies” valid while visiting the Websites.
These cookies are data stored in the RAM of your computer. They do not allow us to identify you; on the other hand, they store information on the browsing or your computer on the Website (the pages that you have viewed, the date and time of the viewing, etc.) that we can read during your later visits.
The purpose of the data gathered using the cookies is to identify you when you want to connect to your personal space and to memorise your connection to the Website.
When you close your Internet browser, they are not saved.
We inform you that you can object to the saving of cookies on your computer by clicking here […] or by changing your browser settings as follows:
- If you browse on the Internet with Internet Explorer (Microsoft): choose the “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”, click on the “Privacy” tab. Then “Advanced Privacy Settings”, click on “Override automatic cookie handling” and select “Reject all cookies” (internal and third party). Click on “OK”.
- For Firefox: choose “Tools” then “Options”. In the “Privacy” tab, tick “Tell websites I do not want to be tracked”. Click on OK.
- For Chrome, click on “Settings” then “Show Advanced Settings”. Then in “Privacy”, click on “Content settings” and make your choice in the Cookies part.
If you use versions of browsers other than those stated: please refer to the help files or to the user manual.
11. DATA STORAGE BY BEL
Your Personal Data will not be stored for a time period exceeding the necessary term to the purpose of their collection, according to applicable law.
12. DATA STORAGE BY BEL
At any time, you will be able to access your Personal Data and ask for their modification by contacting the consumer’s service at the following address or by clicking on the link below:
- 2 allée Longchamp – 92150 Suresnes – France Tel. +33 1 84 02 72 50
The same applies if your Personal Data is not accurate, complete or updated : you can contact our consumer service as mentioned above.
You can also refuse the collection or the processing of your Personal Data in the same conditions as above.
We will deal with all requests in the best terms and according to applicable law.
13. COLLECTION OF THIRD PERSON PERSONAL DATA
Some of our Websites can offer you the chance to send a link to a Group website’s page to third persons. In such case, we will have to collect your and the third person’s e-mail addresses.
Every e-mail address collected in such case will only be used for that purpose and will be deleted right afterwards.