Mutabbal with Grilled Eggplants and Kiri Cheese
Delicious savory mutabbak stuffed with Kiri square portions and eggplants
For the Muttabal
- 8 Kiri Square Portions
- 10 samosa leaves
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preparing the Eggplant Filling
- In a medium bowl, press the Kiri cheese portions with a spatula until the texture becomes smooth and creamy.
- On a stove burner over medium heat, place the eggplants and cook for a couple of minutes on each side or until they are lightly browned with grill marks. Allow to cool.
- Carefully peel the eggplants, then using a knife, cut them into small pieces and mash them until the texture is smooth.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil, add the mashed eggplants, and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the eggplants, salt, pepper, to Kiri mixture then mix all together until well combined.
Assembling the Mutabbal
- Place a full teaspoon of the eggplants filling mixture in the center of the dough and fold into a rectangular shape.
- In a large pan over medium heat, drizzle a little bit of olive oil and place the Mutabbals. Cook on both sides for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Triangle Sambousa with sumac & eggplantAppetizersView our recipe
Triangle Sambousa with sumac & eggplant®