Delicious sambousek filled with chicken, vegetables, and Kiri Square Portions
For the Stuffing
- 6 Kiri Square Portions
- Green pepper, diced
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 250g chicken meat, minced
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of pine nuts, roasted
- ¼ tbsp of ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp of green basil (minced)
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tbsp of five spice
For the Dough
- 4 cups of white flour
- 1 ½ tbsps of salt
- 4 tbsps of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 tbsp of baking yeast
Preparing the Sambousek
- In a deep bowl, mix the flour with the salt and oil until it is crumbly.
- Add melted yeast.
- Pour the water gradually and mix to create a smooth-textured dough.
- Cover the dough with a clean towel and set aside for half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the onions and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mix until done.
- Toss in the diced peppers and stir the ingredients on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir. Cook for 5 more minutes until the vegetables are done and the moisture evaporates.
- Mix in the Kiri Square Portions, pine nuts, basil and spices. Then remove from the heat to cool.
- 1Spread the dough thinly.
- Cut in circles using a medium-sized cup.
- Put a tablespoon of stuffing in the center of each dough circle.
- Press the ends with a fork to close.
- Place the sambousek wraps in a tray that has been brushed with oil or melted butter. Leave the tray aside for half an hour until the sambousek wraps rise again.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden at 250 degrees Celsius.
- Serve immediately.