Creamy Mushrooms and Spinach Pasta with Kiri
A creamy plate of tagliatelle in a Kiri cream sauce with spinach and mushrooms
For the Creamy Kiri sauce
- 7 Kiri square portions
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 2 tablespoons caper
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Spinach and Mushroom Garnish
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) spinach, chopped
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 400 grams (2 cups) tagliatelle, boiled
Prepare the Sauce
- 1In a food processor, add the Kiri square portions and milk, and mix until the texture becomes homogeneous.
- 2In a pan over medium heat, add the kiri mixture, caper, thyme sprigs, mustard, black pepper corn, and simmer for 5 mins until the texture is slightly thick.
Prepare the Spinach and Mushroom Garnish
- 1In another pan over medium heat, add olive oil, mushrooms, garlic powder, and pepper. Cook for 5 mins over medium heat.
- 2Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes until spinach is softened. Remove from the heat.
- 1In a large bowl, add the tagliatelle, mushroom and spinach mixture, and kiri cream. Gently mix all together using a tongue until the pasta is evenly coated with the cream. Sprinkle some capers on top and serve immediately.