Cream-Filled Samosas with Rose Water Syrup
Easy dessert sambousek filled with Kiri Square Portions, dipped in rose water syrup and decorated with almonds
For the Kiri Cream Filling
- 10 Kiri Square Portions
10 Kiri Square Portions
- For the Wrappers
For the Wrappers
- 20 samosa leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Flour Paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water
For the Rose Water Syrup
- 120g granulated sugar
- 120ml water
- 2 tablespoons rosewater
- Blanched almonds, fried and chopped
Prepare the Filling
- 1Cut each Kiri square portion in half to form 2 triangles.
Assemble the Samosas
- 1Using the samosa leaves and half a Kiri square portion, shape triangular samosas.
- 2In a small bowl, add water and flour and mix with a spoon to make the flour paste.
- 3Place some of the flour paste at the end of the samosa leave strips to seal up the pastry. Freeze the triangles for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare the Rose Water Syrup
- 1In a medium saucepan, add the sugar and water and mix to combine.
- 2Place the saucepan over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boilling point and cook until it starts to thicken. Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the rosewater and set aside to cool.
Bake the Samosas
- 1Place the samosas on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush the top with melted butter and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2Immediately soak the samosas in the rose water syrup, sprinkle with chopped almonds, and serve immediately.