Cream of Mushroom Soup
“For the Kiri® Cream
- 400ml Kiri® cooking cream
- 340g bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1L chicken stock”
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add olive oil, onions, minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add mushrooms and thyme and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, stir and cook for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and transfer the soup to a blender. Add the Kiri® Cooking Cream and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with a swirl of cream and a sprinkling of fresh thyme.