Cream Filled Samosas with Rose Water Syrup
“For the filling
- 10 Kiri® Square Portions
For the Wrappers
- 20 samosa leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Flour Paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water
For the Rose Water Syrup
- 120g granulated sugar
- 120ml water
- 2 tablespoons rosewater
- Blanched almonds, fried and chopped”
“Step 1: Prepare the filling
- Cut each Kiri® square portion in half to form 2 triangles.
Step 2: Assemble the samosas
- Using the samosa leaves and half a Kiri® square portion, shape triangular samosas.
- In a small bowl, add water and flour and mix with a spoon to make the flour paste.
- Place some of the flour paste at the end of the samosa leave strips to seal up the pastry. Freeze the triangles for at least 30 minutes.
Step 3: Prepare the Rose Water Syrup
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar and water and mix to combine.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boilling point and cook until it starts to thicken. Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the rosewater and set aside to cool.
Step 4: Bake the samosas
- Place the samosas on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush the top with melted butter and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately soak the samosas in the rose water syrup, sprinkle with chopped almonds, and serve immediately.”