- Serves 6
- 40 Mins
For the stuffing:
- 6 Kiri® squares
- Green pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 250 g chicken meat (minced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (roasted)
- ¼ tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon green basil (minced)
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tablespoon five spice
For the dough:
- 4 cups white flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon baking yeast
- In a deep bowl, mix the flour with the salt and oil until it is crumbly.
- Add melted yeast.
- Pour the water gradually and mix to create a smooth-textured dough.
- Cover the dough with a clean towel and set aside for half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the onions and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mix until done.
- Toss in the diced peppers and stir the ingredients on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir. Cook for 5 more minutes until the vegetables are done and the moisture evaporates.
- Mix in the Kiri squares, pine nuts, basil and spices. Then remove from the heat to cool.
- Spread the dough thinly.
- Cut in circles using a medium-sized cup.
- Put a tablespoon of stuffing in the center of each dough circle.
- Press the ends with a fork to close.
- Place the sambousek wraps in a tray that has been brushed with oil or melted butter. Leave the tray aside for half an hour until the sambousek wraps rise again.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden at 250 degrees Celsius.
- Serve immediately.