Kiri Creme Bruleé Cheesecake
Family style cheesecake with a digestive cookie crust, topped with a vanilla Kiri cream, finished with bruleed brown sugar
For the Crust
- 175 grams (1 3/4 cup) digestive cookies
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Cream
- 2 1/2 Kiri Cooking Block
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract OR 1 vanilla bean
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- 200 ml (7/8 cup) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Preparing the Crust
- Place the digestive cookies in a food processor and crush them until the texture becomes crumbly. Add the melted butter, and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Press the crushed cookies into the bottom of a circular mold (22 cm x 7cm) covered with parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
Preparing the Cheesecake Cream
- In a large bowl, add the Kiri Cooking Block, the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and cornstarch, and mix all together using an electric egg beater until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue mixing on low speed until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Add the heavy cream and continue mixing until well combined. (it is possible to blend the cheesecake batter for smoother texture and lump free).
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust and spread it evenly.
- Bake the cheesecake in a preheated oven at 180C (356F) for 45 minutes, or until the center is almost set and golden brown.
- Remove the baked cheesecake cream from the oven and leave it to cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour, then cover it with a plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the cheesecake and caramelize it using a kitchen torch. Serve.