Tender Kafta croquettes served with a Kiri and tomato sauce
For the Kafta Croquettes
- 24 Kiri Square Portions
- 300g mixture of lamb and beef, minced
- 2 ½ cups of rice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of red lentils, split
- 200g leek
- 50g of dill
- 1 beef stock
- 50g of wild thyme, dried
- 200g of parsley
- 3 tbsps of tomato paste
- 4 tbsps of turmeric
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 1 tbsp of coriander
- 3 tbsps of vegetable oil
- 5 cups of water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparing the Kafta
- Sauté the meat in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, add the rice and lentils, and mix while on heat.
- Add water and the beef stock and cook until well done.
- Mix the meat with rice, lentils, leeks, coriander, thyme and eggs in a food processor.
- Create little balls using this mixture and stuff them with the Kiri Square Portions. Place them on an oven tray.
Preparing the Kiri Sauce
- Mix 12 Kiri Square Portions with 5 cups of water.
- Add oil, turmeric, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the kafta croquettes and cook in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Herb Bread Crumbs with KiriMainsView our recipe
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Herb Bread Crumbs with Kiri®