Fish Maklouba by Um Ahlam
A hearty dish of fish, vegetables, and rice, made extra creamy with Kiri Square Portions
For the Maklouba
- 5 Kiri Square Portions
- 500g fish fillet
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 1 red pepper & 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of fish stock
- 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ tsp of saffron
Preparing the Maklouba
- Fry the onions until they are soft, add sweet pepper and stir. Then add tomatoes, cumin, saffron and ginger.
- Fry the fish fillet in the oil and arrange it on the vegetables.
- Mix the fish stock with kiri Square Portions in the blender.
- Wash and drain the rice and add it to the fish. Pour in the fish stock with the kiri Square Portions, spices, and cook the rice for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- For the sauce: Fry the ginger, green and red peppers and add the tomatoes with some fish stock.
- Cook for 5 minutes and mix it in a blender with the kiri Square Portions.
- Season the sauce with salt and cumin then heat it again for 5 more minutes. Serve the rice with the sauce.
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Herb Bread Crumbs with KiriMainsView our recipe
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Herb Bread Crumbs with Kiri®