Cheesy Skandar Kebabs by Assia Othman
Flavorful lamb tenderloin topped with Kiri cheese sauce, served on Iranian flat bread
For the Skandar Kebabs
- 500g lamb tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1 onion, grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 2 tbsp of pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of red bell pepper paste
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of chili powder
For the Cheesy Sauce
- 6 Kiri Square Portions
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 cup of milk
- Iranian bread
- Parsley and pine nuts, to garnish
Preparing the Skandar Kebabs
- In a large bowl, mix oil, vinegar, pomegranate molasses, spices and onion.
- Add the meat strips and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add the meat (drained) and sauté until golden brown.
- Add tomato and bell pepper paste, onion marinade and cook for 10 min.
- Mix Kiri Square Portions with milk and corn starch.
- Add salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Place the Iranian bread on serving plate.
- Scoop the meat on the top and drizzle with the cheesy sauce.
- Sprinkle parsley and pine nuts.
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Herb Bread Crumbs with KiriMainsView our recipe
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Herb Bread Crumbs with Kiri®