Fish maklouba by Um Ahlam
- 5 Kiri® square Portions
- 500g fish fillet
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 1 red pepper & 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 1 Teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups of fish stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- Fry the onions until they are soft, add sweet pepper and stir. Then add tomatoes, cumin, saffron and ginger.
- Fry the fish fillet in the oil and arrange it on the vegetables.
- Mix the fish stock with kiri squares in the blender.
- Wash and drain the rice and add it to the fish. Pour in the fish stock with the kiri squares, spices, and cook the rice for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- For the sauce: Fry the ginger, green and red peppers and add the tomatoes with some fish stock.
- Cook for 5 minutes and mix it in a blender with the kiri squares.
- Season the sauce with salt and cumin then heat it again for 5 more minutes. Serve the rice with the sauce.