Tender Kafta croquettes served with a Kiri and tomato sauce
For the Kafta Croquettes
- 24 Kiri Square Portions
- 300g mixture of lamb and beef, minced
- 2 ½ cups of rice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of red lentils, split
- 200g leek
- 50g of dill
- 1 beef stock
- 50g of wild thyme, dried
- 200g of parsley
- 3 tbsps of tomato paste
- 4 tbsps of turmeric
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 1 tbsp of coriander
- 3 tbsps of vegetable oil
- 5 cups of water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparing the Kafta
- 1Sauté the meat in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2 In a separate pan, add the rice and lentils, and mix while on heat.
- 3Add water and the beef stock and cook until well done.
- 4Mix the meat with rice, lentils, leeks, coriander, thyme and eggs in a food processor.
- 5Create little balls using this mixture and stuff them with the Kiri Square Portions. Place them on an oven tray.
Preparing the Kiri Sauce
- 1. Mix 12 Kiri Square Portions with 5 cups of water.
- 2Add oil, turmeric, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- 3Pour the sauce over the kafta croquettes and cook in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.