Freekah Shrimp Risotto
A hearty bowl of freekah with shrimp and vegetables
For the Freekah
- 4 Kiri Square Portions
- ¼ cup of diced carrots
- ¼ cup of diced celery stalk
- 3 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 cup half boiled freekeh
- 5 large sliced mushrooms
- 5 medium grilled shrimps
- 1 ½ cups seafood stock
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps of parmesan cheese
Preparing the Freekah
- 1In a wide skillet, heat oil and sauté the mushrooms until they brown.
- 2Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3Add olive oil if needed and sauté carrots until tender.
- 4Add the celery and stir, season with salt and pepper.
- 5Bring back the mushrooms to the pan then add the freekeh.
- 6In the blender blend the Kiri with half a cup of seafood stock.
- 7Stir and gradually add the stock stirring continuously.
- 8Before it becomes dry add the Kiri Square Portions and blend stock.
- 9Allow to simmer uncovered until all the liquids evaporate.
- 10Serve topped with grilled shrimps and parmesan cheese.