Um Ehab’s Milk Mouhallabiya with Crushed Coconut
A light and flavorful milk mouhallabiya made with Kiri Square Portion and coconut
For the Mouhallabiya
- 10 kiri Square Portions
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 cups of coconut (shredded)
- 4 cups of liquid milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons saffron, oaked in 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon powdered mastic
Preparing the Mouhallabiya
- Mix the Kiri squares with the coconut milk and the milk a blender. Place the mixture in a cooking pan over medium heat and stir until it starts boiling.
- Add the mixture to a saucepan with some coconut and sugar. Stir for about 5 minutes until the coconut is soft
- Dissolve the corn flour well in the water and add it to the mixture while stirring continuously, then lower the heat until the mixture thickens.
- Add the vanilla and the saffron mixture, then stir.
- Pour the mouhallabiya in the cups. Cover and leave them in room temperature for 1 hour until they cool then refrigerate and serve chilled.