Sweet Potato and Leek Soup with Kiri
A creamy sweet potato and leek soup with Kiri square portions
For the Soup
- 4 Kiri Square Portions
- 4 large leeks, white part only
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium white sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 300 ml (1 1/3 cups) homemade vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparing the Soup
- Peel the leeks, cut them into slices, and put them in a pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, dried chives, garlic powder, and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the sweet potato cubes to the leeks and continue cooking for 2 minutes. 3. Add the vegetable stock to the vegetable mixture, and cook all together for 25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- In a food processor, add the soup mixture, and 4 Kiri square portions. Mix all together until the soup texture becomes creamy and smooth.
- Pour the soup into serving bowls, decorate with fresh thyme or season with salt and pepper (if needed). Serve hot with bread slices.
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Herb Bread Crumbs with KiriMainsView our recipe
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Herb Bread Crumbs with Kiri®