Rose Mahalabia with Kiri Cream
A light Kiri and cardamom flavored mahalabia, served with rose syrup and pistachios
For the Kiri Mahalabia
- 16 Kiri Square Portions or 1 1/2 Kiri Cooking Block
- 500ml milk
- 30g cornstarch
- 12 cardamom pods
- 70g honey
- 2 tablespoons rose syrup, diluted with 4 tablespoons of water
- 6 tablespoons crushed pistachios
- 2 tablespoons dried roses
Make the Kiri Cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the milk and the cardamom pods. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the cardamom to infuse in the milk. Remove the cardamom pods.
- In a bowl, mash the Kiri square portions with a fork, add 1/3 of the cardamom infused milk and mix with a whisk. 3. Pour the Kiri mixture back into the pot with the remaining milk, add cornstarch and honey and cook on medium heat while whisking constantly until the mixture thickens.
Assemble the Mahalabia
- Pour the Mahalabia into the serving cups, set on the counter to cool for 15 minutes. Cover the cups with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, pour some rose syrup on top of the Mahalabia and decorate with pistachios and dried roses.