Red Velvet Cheesecake by Chef Leyla
A delicious bundt cake with layers of strawberries and Kiri Creme
For the Cake
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
For the Kiri Creme
- 15 Kiri Square Portions
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preparing the Cake
- Beat the eggs adding the sugar gradually until color turns pale and doubled in size.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mix to the eggs mix and fold in the ingredients along with the lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 degrees Celsius for about 25 minutes or until the surface is golden.
- 6Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Preparing the Kiri Creme
- Mix all the ingredients together and beat well until no lumps are seen.
- When the cake is completely cooled, cut it in half, as an option, drizzle layers with light syrup.
- Top the first layer with strawberry jam or fresh processed strawberries.
- Top the second layer with cheesecake mix.
- Assemble the cake and refrigerate until serving.
- Before serving, dust the cake with icing sugar, and top it with fresh strawberries