Karak Basque Cheesecake with Kiri
Karak Basque Cheesecake with Kiri®
For the cheesecake
- 26 Kiri® Square Portions
- 120 grams (2/3 cup) white granulated sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Preparing the cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the Kiri® Square Portions and sugar in a large bowl, then mix using an electric egg beater until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and continue mixing.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, flour, cornstarch, and spices, then mix until the batter is smooth
- Pour the batter in a 19cm springform pan lined with parchment paper, then bake for 45 minutes. Set aside to cool at room temperature for 1 hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.