Greek Style Poached Eggs
A classic Turkish breakfast dish of poached eggs, served on a bed of Kiri Greek cream, topped with a spicy brown butter sauce
For the Poached Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
For the Kiri Cream
- 2 Kiri Greek Style portions
- 110 grams plain yogurt
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
Making the Kiri Cream
- In a bowl, place the Kiri Greek square portions.
- Add the yogurt slowly and mix with an electric hand mixer until the mixture is smooth.
- Add salt and garlic powder, then continue mixing. Set aside.
Poaching the Eggs
- Fill a saucepan with water.
- Place the saucepan on medium heat and heat the water to a gentle bubble.
- Add the vinegar to the water.
- Gently crack each egg into a small bowl.
- Using a spoon, create a small vortex in the bubbling water by turning the spoon slowly in a clockwise motion.
- Gently drop the egg into the center of the vortex and cook for 5 to 7 mins until you reach your desired cooking constancy.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the egg from the water and set it on paper towel to absorb excess water.
- Repeat the process with the second egg.
Making the Butter Topping
- Melt butter in a pan until all the water has evaporated and the butter starts to turn brown.
- Take the butter off the heat and add chili powder and paprika.
- Mix with a spoon and set aside.
- Place the Kiri mixture at the bottom of a plate, place the poached eggs on top.
- Pour the butter on top of the eggs.
- Finish off with dill and serve immediately.