Chickpeas and Sauteed Spinach Toast
A light and healthy breakfast of whole wheat toasted bread with a Kiri Greek Portions spread, topped with spiced chickpeas and spinach
For the Toast
- 4 Kiri Greek Style Portions
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Preparing the topping
- 1In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and spinach. Season with garlic powder, pepper, and cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the spinach is soft.
- 2In a small bowl, mix the chickpeas with paprika and add them to spinach. Cook for 2 minutes until they have a golden brown color. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool a little bit.
- 1Evenly spread 2 Kiri Greek Style square portions on top of the bread.
- 2Top Kiri Greek cheese layer with the sauteed spinach and chickpeas mixture.
- 3Garnish the toast with a sprinkle of garlic powder. Serve!