Rose Mahalabia with Kiri® Cream
“For the Kiri® Mahalabia
- 1 Kiri® Cooking Block
- 500ml milk
- 30g cornstarch
- 12 cardamom pods
- 70g honey
- 2 tablespoons rose syrup, diluted with 4 tablespoons of water
- 6 tablespoons crushed pistachios
- 2 tablespoons dried roses”
“Step 1: Make the Kiri® Cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the milk and the cardamom pods. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the cardamom to infuse in the milk. Remove the cardamom pods.
- In a bowl, mash the Kiri® Cooking Block with a fork, add 1/3 of the cardamom infused milk and mix with a whisk.
- Pour the Kiri® mixture back into the pot with the remaining milk, add cornstarch and honey and cook on medium heat while whisking constantly until the mixture thickens.
Step 2: Assemble the Mahalabia
- Pour the Mahalabia into the serving cups, set on the counter to cool for 15 minutes. Cover the cups with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, pour some rose syrup on top of the Mahalabia and decorate with pistachios and dried roses.”