Um Rouba’s Vanilla and Cinnamon Risotto Rice Pudding
Easy dessert rice pudding with Kiri Square Portions and blackcurrant jam
For the Pudding
- 5 Kiri Square Portions
- 600 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100g short grain rice or risotto rice
- 4 teaspoons caster sugar
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10g flaked almonds (toasted)
- 4 teaspoons blackcurrant jam
Preparing the Pudding
- Combine the milk and the Kiri square in a blender.
- Add the vanilla and rice in a heavy based saucepan over low heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add cinnamon to the mixture.
- Stir the mixture for 20 minutes until the rice becomes soft.
- Serve it warm with berry jam on top.