Salmon Mousse Cups
Flaky phyllo dough cups stuffed with Kiri, smoked salmon and dill
For the Salmon Mousse Cups
- 225g Kiri Spread, at room temperature
- 45 frozen mini filo cups
- cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup crme frache
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh dill
Preparing the Salmon Mousse Cups
- Preheat the oven according to the package instructions for the filo cups. Brush the filo sheets and put them in the cupcake holes and bake until golden brown and crispy according to the package instructions. Let them cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Kiri cheese, salmon, crme frache, shallots, lemon zest and juice, 1 tablespoon of the dill.
- Transfer the mixture to a zip lock bag. Cut an approximately 1-inch opening in the corner of the bag. Pipe the salmon mixture evenly among the filo cups, filling them to the top.
- Garnish with the remaining dill and serve.