Fatira with Olives and Kiri Cheese
Crispy savory fatiras stuffed with Kiri square portions and olives
For the Fatira
- 10 Kiri Square Portions
- 500 grams (17.6 oz) puff pastry
- 150 grams (5.2 oz) chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 egg yolk + 1 teaspoon white vinegar
Preparing the Olives Filling
- In a medium bowl, press the Kiri square portions with a spatula until the texture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add the chopped olives, the ground thyme, and mix well with a spatula until the filling mixture is homogeneous. Set aside.
Assembling the Fatiras
- On a floured working surface, and using a rolling pin, spread the puff pastry until it is 1 mm thick. Using a round cookie cutter of 12 cm in diameter, cut the puff pastry into circles.
- Place a full teaspoon of the filling in the center of a puff pastry circle, make sure to leave the edges empty.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg yolk and white vinegar, and brush the edges of the puff pastry circle disk.
- Put the second puff pastry circle on top, and slightly press the edges to glue the two circles together.
- sing a fork, gently press on the edges of the Fatira to decorate it.
- 6Using a knife, gently trace a cross on the surface of the Fatiras then brush them with the remaining egg mixture.
- Place the Fatiras on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake the Fatiras in a preheated oven at 180C (356F) for 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.