Dill and Anise Sambousek with Kiri
Dill and Anise Sambousek with Kiri®
For the Kiri® Cream Filling
- 16 Kiri® Square Portions
- 3 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon anise seeds, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Flour Paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water
For the Samosas
- 20 samosa leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) white sesame seeds
Preparing the Kiri® Cream Filling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the Kiri® Square Portions in a bowl, and mash them with a spoon until smooth.
- Add the dill, anise seeds, salt, and pepper, then mix to combine.
Preparing the Flour Paste
- Whisk together the flour and water until well combined. Set aside.
Preparing the Sambousek
- Cut the samosa leaves with a knife to create long rectangular strips of 5 cm by 30 cm.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the Kiri® cream filling at the top of each samosa leaf strip, then shape the triangular samosas.
- Place some of the flour paste at the end of the samosa leaf strips to seal up the pastry.
- Place the sambousek on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Brush the sambousek with butter, then bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip the edges of the sambousek in honey, then in white sesame seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!