Date and Arabic Coffee Cheesecake with Kiri
Date and Arabic Coffee Cheesecake with Kiri®
For the Arabic Coffee Crust
- 140 grams (1 cup) vanilla cookies, finely crushed
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Arabic coffee
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
For the Kiri® Cream
- 28 Kiri® Square Portions
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 40 ml (1/4 cup) heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 100 grams (1/3 cup) date syrup
- 5 dates, deseeded and cut in half
Preparing the Arabic Coffee Crust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the vanilla cookies, butter, Arabic coffee, and date syrup in a bowl.
- Pour the cookie mixture in a 20cm springform pan, then press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake the crust for 8 minutes, then set aside to cool.
Preparing the Cheesecake
- Place the Kiri® Square Portions in a large bowl, and using an electric egg beater, mix until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract, then continue beating until well combined.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks one at a time.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, and cardamom, then mix until the batter is homogenous and smooth.
- Tightly wrap the springform pan in foil, place it in a larger oven safe pan filled with 4cm of boiling water.
- Pour cheesecake batter into the crust, then bake for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 45 minutes. Place on the counter to cool for an hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Pour the date syrup over the top of the cheesecake, decorate with dates, then enjoy!