Creamy Date Tart
A decadent tart filled with a date and Kiri cream
For the Tart
- 15 Kiri Square Portions for filling
- Ready-made tart crust
For the Filling
- 500ml of milk
- 150g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsps of cornstarch
For the Garnish
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 100g dates (mashed)
- Almonds (roasted)
- 24 date pieces
Preparing the Tart
- Add the mashed dates, milk and the Kiri Square Portions to a saucepan over low heat.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and cornstarch.
- Add a little bit of milk the eggs mixture with milk and mix well.
- Add the remaining mixture to the milk and dates mixture and keep it over low heat. Keep whisking over the heat until evenly combined.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and whisk in the butter.
- Spread the cooled date cream over the tart crust.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and roasted almonds