Cheese Maamoul by Um Sara
Delicious orange and rose water maamoul made extra flaky with Kiri Square Portions
For the Maamoul
- 20 Kiri Square Portions
- 1kg flour
- 300g butter
- 125g liquid cream
- 125g icing sugar
- 40g dried milk
- 1 tbsp of rose water
- 1 tbsp of orange blossom water
Preparing the Maamoul
- Mix the butter with 5 Kiri Square Portions and sugar in a dough maker.
- Add the flour and mix it for 1 minute.
- Add cream, rose water, orange blossom water and milk. Mix until the dough is homogeneous and leave it aside for 1 hour.
- Knead the dough manually.
- Divide the dough in diamond shaped pieces and refrigerate them for 1 hour.
- Bake the maamoul in an oven at 175 °C, until light golden.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with Kiri cream and serve hot.