Berries Cheesecake by Mrs. Clueless
Family style cheesecake with a graham cracker crust, vanilla flavored Kiri creme and raspberry sauce
For the Crust
- 250g digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- 1kg of Kiri Square Portions, at room temperature
- 1 cup (240g) of sour cream
- 1 cup (200g) of sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) of vanilla
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp (8g) of cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon
For the Raspberry Sauce
- 4 cups raspberry
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Preparing the Cheesecake
- Prepare the crust. Preheat oven to (180C). Crush the biscuits using a food processor until crumbs are formed. Pour the melted butter over the crumbs. Process until evenly moistened. Press the crumbs mixture with the back of the spoon into the bottom of a 10-inch (26 cm) spring form pan (with a removable base). Bake for 13-15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to (150C).
- Prepare the cream cheese filling. In a large bowl mix the Kiri Square Portions until smooth. Add sugar, cornstarch, salt and mix until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time until each egg is blended well. Add vanilla extract, lemon zest and sour cream. Mix until well combined. Try to not overmix the batter to incorporate as little air as possible.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven. (Do not skip leaving it for an hour)
- Remove and run a sharp knife around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature.
Preparing the Raspberry Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook it for about 10 minutes until the raspberries are broken down.
- Let it cool and serve over your cheesecake.