Arabian Cake by Njoud
Sesame crusted cake topped with rose water Kiri cream, saffron and pistachios
For the Liquid Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 glass of oil
- ½ cup of fresh cream
- Saffron soaked in 2 tbsps of rose water
For the Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups of flour, finely blended with baking powder, cardamom, and a pinch of salt.
For the Kiri Creme
- 5 Kiri Square Portions
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 cup condensed sweetened milk
- 1 teaspoon of rose water
- A sprinkle of saffron
Preparing the Arabian cake
- Mix the liquid ingredients. Next add the dry ingredients and mix it well.
- In a tart pan coated with flour and sesame seeds, add the mixture and bake it in the oven at 170 C for 25 minutes until it is well cooked.
- For the topping, mix the ingredients in the blender and add it over the cake. Decorate it with pistachios and dried roses.