- 8-10 people
- 1 cup water
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 4 large eggs
Cream cheese filling
- 12 Kiri square portions
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Ready caramel syrup
- To make the dough: place water, butter, sugar and salt in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add flour and stir until combined.
- Return the pan to the heat and stir in a circular motion until the dough forms a ball at the center of the pan.
- Transfer the dough to a stand mixer bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs in one egg at a time and mix on medium until combined. The Dough should be smooth, if not, then mix until the dough is free of lumps.
- Place the dough in a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe 1 1/2-inch balls onto the parchment lined pan.
- Bake at 200 degrees in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cut the top of each one to release the steam.
- To make the filling: place Kiri cheese and sugar in a bowl and mix until blended.
- Add the whipping cream and whisk well to have a thick and nice filling
- Transfer the filling into a pastry bag fitted with a nice tip as desired.
- Pipe the filling inside each profiterole leaving a space in the middle with high edges.
- Fill each space with a teaspoon of caramel syrup and cover it back with the cut tops.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.