Saffron Cheesecake with Kiri
Light fluffy cheesecake with a layer of sweet Kiri cream served in a bath of saffron milk
For the Kiri Cream
- 16 Kiri Square Portions or 1 1/2 Kiri Cooking Block
- 250ml heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
For the Saffron Cake
- 120g (1 cup) all-purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon (4g) baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon saffron threads
- 100g (1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 150g (3/4 cup) white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Soaking Milk
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 150ml (1/3 cup) sweetned condensed milk
- 30ml (1/8 cup) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 1 tablespoon dried roses
- Saffron threads
Prepare the Cake
- 1Soak the saffron threads in 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar with an electric egg beater until the mixture is very creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and continue mixing. Add the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the saffron water and whisk to combine.
- 3Add the flour and baking powder and mix gently using a spatula. 4. Pour the batter in a 20cm square spring form baking pan lined with parchment paper. In a preheated oven at 180C (356F), bake the cake for 25 minutes.
- 4Remove the cake from the oven and leave it in the spring form pan.
Make the Soaking Milk
- 1In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream.
- 2Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Finally add the remaining 1 tablespoon of the saffron water and mix together. Turn off the heat and cool the mixture down to room temperature.
- 4As soon as the cake is out of the oven, use a toothpick to make holes in it, then poor half of the soaking milk over the top of it.
Make the Kiri Cream
- 1Place the Kiri square portions in a large bowl, and using an electric egg beater, mix until you have a smooth texture.
- 2Add the heavy cream and icing sugar and continue mixing until the mixture is fluffy and thick.
- 3Spread the mixture on top of the cake and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 4Decorate the cake with dried roses, pistachios, and saffron threads. Serve with the the remainder of the soaking milk.