Kiri Stuffed Profiterole
Fluffy baked profiteroles stuffed with Kiri Square Portions and caramel syrup
For the Dough
- 1 cup water
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cups flour
- 4 large eggs
For the Cream Cheese
- 12 Kiri Square Portions
- cup powdered sugar
- cup heavy cream
- Ready caramel syrup
Preparing the Dough
- 1Place water, butter, sugar and salt in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 2Remove the pan from the heat, add flour and stir until combined.
- 3Return the pan to the heat and stir in a circular motion until the dough forms a ball at the center of the pan.
- 4Transfer the dough to a stand mixer bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the eggs, one egg at a time and mix on medium until combined.
- 6The Dough should be smooth, if not, then mix until the dough is free of lumps.
- 7Place the dough in a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe 1 1/2-inch balls onto the parchment lined pan.
- 8Bake at 200 degrees in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cut the top of each one to release the steam.
To Make the Filling
- 1Place Kiri cheese and sugar in a bowl and mix until blended.
- 2Add the whipping cream and whisk well to have a thick and nice filling.
- 3Transfer the filling into a pastry bag fitted with a nice tip as desired.
- 4Pipe the filling inside each profiterole leaving a space in the middle with high edges.
- 5Fill each space with a teaspoon of caramel syrup and cover it back with the cut tops.
- 6Dust with powdered sugar and serve.