Kiri Marshmallow Almond Pie
Delicious almond pie with a lime flavored Kiri cream and a marshmallow topping
For the Almond Pie
- 13 Kiri Square Portions, softened, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsps. brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds toasted, divided
- cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp. grated lime zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cups of mini marshmallows
- 4 tsps. butter
- cup whipping cream
Preparing the Pie
- 1Combine the flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup of almonds in a food processor. Process until well blended.
- 2Add melted butter and honey, and pulse until the mixture is crumbly but holds together if pinched.
- 3Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased pie plate.
- 4Bake for 8 minutes at 180 degrees. Cool on a rack while preparing the lime filling.
- 5In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, 150g of Kiri cheese, lime juice, lime zest, salt and egg yolk. Beat on low speed until combined.
- 6Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a rack, then refrigerate.
- 7In a small deep mixing bowl, combine the marshmallows and butter. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until the mixture is completely melted. Add the remaining Kiri cheese and whipping cream and beat until smooth.
- 8Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 9Beat the marshmallow mixture until light and fluffy. Spread over the pie; sprinkle over the remaining toasted almonds.