Kiri Japanese Cheesecake
Japanese style cheesecake with lemon flavored Kiri Cooking Block cream
For the Japanese Cheesecake
- 1 Kiri Cooking Block or 11 Kiri Square Portions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons milk
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cup granulated sugar, divided
- cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon cream of tartar
Preparing the Cheesecake
- 1Grease and line a 9-inch spring form tin.
- 2Melt together the Kiri cheese, butter and milk in the microwave for roughly 1 1/2 minutes. Whisk the mix until there are no more lumps.
- 3Whisk in the egg yolk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and half the sugar.
- 4Place a sieve over the bowl and add in the cake flour, corn starch and salt and sieve into the cream cheese mix.
- 5Whisk in the dry ingredients until there are no more lumps. Set aside.
- 6Using a mixer, whip the egg whites with the whisk attachment on medium speed. When the meringue starts to take shape, add the cream of tartar.
- 7Once thick and at soft peak stage, slowly add the remaining sugar. Whip until meringue turns glossy.
- 8Fold 1/3 of meringue mixture into the cream cheese batter to loosen the mixture.
- 9Fold in the remaining meringue until blended.
- 10. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared cake pan.
- 11. Place the cake pan in the larger dish then place both in the oven.
- 12. Pour hot water into the water bath until about half way up the sides of the cake pan. Be careful not to splash water into the batter.
- 13. Bake on the bottom rack in a preheated 200C oven for 18 minutes, then lower to 160C for 12 mins only. Turn off the oven and open the door slightly for 30 minutes only.
- 14. Remove from the oven completely to cool at room temperature.
- 15. Turn out the cheesecake from the pan onto a cake plate and serve!