Kiri Cheesecake with Pistachio
Family style cheesecake with a layer of sweet Kiri cream served with crispy pistachio
For the Kiri Cream Cheese
- 30 Kiri Square Portions
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) powdered sugar
- 80 grams (2/3 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
For the Crust
- 250 grams (4 cups) digestif cookies
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) roasted pistachios, chopped
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) Chopped pistachios
- 6 dry roses
Preparing the Crust
- 1Place the digestive cookies in a food processor and crush them until the texture is crumbly. Add the melted butter and mix well with a spatula until the mixture is well combined.
- 2Add the chopped pistachios to the crust, mix again with the spatula until the mixture is homogeneous.
- 3Press the crushed cookies into the bottom and the sides of a springform mould (18 cm x 6 cm ) covered with parchment paper and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to cool.
Preparing the Kiri Cheesecake Filling
- 1In a small bowl, put the white chocolate, the heavy cream and melt them together in the microwave. Stir the chocolate with the spatula until it is completely melted. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, add the kiri cheese portions, the powdered sugar, condensed milk, and the melted chocolate. Beat with an electric mixer until the cream is fluffy and well incorporated.
- 3Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and mix with the hand mixer until well combined.
- 4Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust and spread it evenly.
- 5Place the cheesecake in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator until the Kiri cream cheese becomes firm.
- 6Decorate the cheesecake with chopped pistachios and dried roses around the Kiri cheesecake border just before serving.