Kiri Brownie Cherry Cheesecake
Family style cheesecake with a brownie base, Kiri Cooking Block cheesecake, and cherry pie topping
For the Brownie Base
- 1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
For the Cheesecake
- 5 Kiri Cooking Blocks or 56 Kiri Square Portions
- cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 5 large eggs
- Cherry pie filling for serving
Preparing the Brownies
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- 2Line a 913 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl mix together butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- 4Stir in the vanilla extract and eggs, then gently fold in the flour.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is just set, but still shiny. Then remove from the oven.
Preparing the Cheesecake
- 1While baking the brownies, prepare the cheesecake layer by beating together the Kiri cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until soft.
- 2Mix in the sour cream, vanilla & cornstarch.
- 3With the mixer on low speed, carefully beat in the eggs until just combined.
- 4Spoon the batter over the top of the baked brownie layer, and spread evenly.
- 5Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is just set and has a slight wobble in the middle of the pan.
- 6Turn off the oven, open the door and cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 7Take the cheesecake out of the oven and cool until it reaches room temperature.
- 8Wrap the pan with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 9Cut into slices and top with cherry pie filling before serving.