Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Family style cheesecake with a digestive cookie crust, topped with a layer of dark chocolate, Kiri cream, and kiwis
For the Cheesecake
- 15 Kiri Square Portions
- 1 cup of digestive biscuits, crumbled
- 3 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 2 gelatin sheets
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsps of vanilla
- 2 cups of unsweetened dark chocolate, melted
Preparing the Cheesecake
- 1Mix the biscuit crumble with the melted butter until the mixture is evenly moist.
- 2Spread the crumble in a spring-form pan.
- 3Chill the pan in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- 4Soak the gelatin for about 10 minutes and then drain.
- 5Melt the gelatin in the milk on low heat and remove from the stove.
- 6Beat the Kiri Square Portions in a mixer with the sugar till it becomes soft and spreadable.
- 7Pour the milk with gelatin slowly and divide the mixture into two equal portions.
- 8Add the melted chocolate gradually into one of the portions.
- 9Fold in the whipped cream.
- 10Using a spatula, spread half of the chocolate mixture evenly on the biscuit crumble.
- 11Pour over the rest of the white mixture.
- 12Pour the extra chocolate on top of the white mix.
- 13Cover the cake and chill it for 6 hours.
- 14Garnish it with Kiwis.