- Serves 8
- 40 Mins
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Beat the eggs adding the sugar gradually until color turns pale and doubled in size
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder
- Add flour mix to the eggs mix and fold in the ingredients along with the lemon zest
- Pour the batter into a greased pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 degrees Celsius for about 25 minutes or until the surface is golden
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
For the cheesecake filling:
- 15 Kiri squares
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients together and beat well until no lumps are seen
- When the cake is completely cooled, cut it in half, as an option, drizzle layers with light syrup.
- Top the first layer with strawberry jam or fresh processed strawberries.
- Top the second layer with cheesecake mix
- Assemble the cake and refrigerate until serving
- Before serving, dust the cake with icing sugar, and top it with fresh strawberries.