- 5-6 Servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 5 Kiri Cooking Blocks or 56 Kiri Square Portions
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 5 large eggs
- Cherry pie filling for serving
Make the Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and eggs, then gently fold in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is just set, but still shiny. Then remove from the oven.
Make the Cheesecake:
- While baking the brownies, prepare the cheesecake layer by beating together the KIRI cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until soft.
- Mix in the sour cream, vanilla & cornstarch.
- With the mixer on low speed, carefully beat in the eggs until just combined.
- Spoon the batter over the top of the baked brownie layer, and spread evenly.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is just set and has a slight wobble in the middle of the pan.
- Turn off the oven, open the door and cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven and cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Wrap the pan with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into slices and top with cherry pie filling before serving.