Kiri® Borak Style Sambouseks
“For the Kiri® Cream Filling
- 16 Kiri® Square Portions
- 500g spinach
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Wrappers
- 20 Samosa leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Flour Paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water
- For Decoration
- 2 tablespoons nigella seeds”
“Step 1: Prepare the Kiri® cream filling
- In a pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, season with pepper and cook until the spinach wilts down.
- In a medium bowl, mash the Kiri® square portions with a fork.
- Drain the cooked spinach mixture to get rid of excess water and mix it with the mashed Kiri®.
Step 2: Assemble the samosas
- In a small bowl, add water and flour and mix to make the flour paste.
- Cut the samosa leaves with a knife to create long rectangular strips (5 cm x 30 cm).
- Place 2 teaspoons of the filling at the top of each of the samosa leaf strips. Shape the triangular samosas.
- Place some of the flour paste at the end of the samosa leaf strips to seal up the pastry. Freeze the triangles for at least 30 minutes.
Step 3: Bake the samosas
- Place the rolled samosas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the nigella seeds, then bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately! “