- 4-6 people
- 7 Kiri square portions
- 2 cups uncooked quick macaroni
- ¼ cup softened salted butter
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 2 large beaten eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 400 g grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh basil leaves for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Boil the macaroni to al dente, drain well and set aside.
- Reserve about 100 g of the cheddar cheese then add Kiri cream cheese and all the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stir gently until well-combined.
- Add the boiled macaroni to a greased baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes, until hot and bubbling.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes then garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.