Zaatar and Kiri Spring Rolls
Delicious and crispy oven baked samosa rolls made with Kiri Square Portions and Zaatar
For the Kiri Cream Filling
- 16 Kiri Square Portions
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
For the Wrappers
- 20 samosa leaves
20 samosa leaves
- For the Flour Paste
For the Flour Paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water
For the Decoration
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons Zaatar
Prepare the Kiri Cream Filling
- 1Mash the Kiri square portions with a fork until smooth. Add the beaten egg yolks and mix until well combined.
Assemble the Rolls
- 1Using the samosa leaves and the Kiri filling, shape rolls of 1 cm thickness and 8 cm length.
- 2In a small bowl, add water and flour and mix to make the flour paste.
- 3Place some of the flour paste at the end of the samosa leaf strips to seal up the pastry.
Bake the Rolls
- 1Place the rolls on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 2Brush the top of the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with Zaatar. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.