Um Youmna's Ramadan Kaak
Ramada kaak with a Kiri and dates dip
For the Maamoul
- 6 Kiri Square Portions
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (ground)
- teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of yogurt Icing sugar (for garnish)
For the Dip
- 5 Kiri square portions
- 1/2 cup of crme fraiche
- 1/2 cup of mashed dates
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparing the Maamoul
- 1Mix the Kiri squares in the dough maker with flour, salt, cardamom,cinnamon, baking powder and yogurt.
- 2Melt the butter and add it to the mixture. Mix all ingredients to get a nice homogeneous dough.
- 3Let the dough sit in the bowl for 10 minutes then divide it into small balls.
- 4Put the dough in the maamoul mold then place the cookies in a plate distantly and bake them for 10 minutes until golden.
- 5Mix the mashed dates, crme fraiche and cinnamon in the blender.
- 6Add the Kiri squares and mix the ingredients until you get a date dip.