Sweet Potato and Leek Soup with Kiri
A creamy sweet potato and leek soup with Kiri square portions
For the Soup
- 4 Kiri Square Portions
- 4 large leeks, white part only
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium white sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 300 ml (1 1/3 cups) homemade vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparing the Soup
- 1Peel the leeks, cut them into slices, and put them in a pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, dried chives, garlic powder, and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- 2Add the sweet potato cubes to the leeks and continue cooking for 2 minutes. 3. Add the vegetable stock to the vegetable mixture, and cook all together for 25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- 3In a food processor, add the soup mixture, and 4 Kiri square portions. Mix all together until the soup texture becomes creamy and smooth.
- 4Pour the soup into serving bowls, decorate with fresh thyme or season with salt and pepper (if needed). Serve hot with bread slices.