Kiri Strawberry Cheesecake
Family style cheesecake with a digestive cookie crust, topped with a vanilla Kiri cream, and finished with strawberries
For the Strawberry Cheesecake
- 5 Kiri Cooking Blocks or 56 Kiri Square Portions
- 300 g digestive cookies
- teaspoon cinnamon powder
- teaspoon ginger powder
- 130 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 175 ml light sour cream, room temperature
- lemon, juice and zest
- Pinch of salt
- cup strawberry ready sauce
- Fresh strawberries for garnishing
Preparing the Cheesecake
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line the base and sides of a round spring form 10 tin with baking paper. 2. Use a food processor to process the cookies to fine crumbs. Add the cinnamon and ginger and pulse to combine well.
- 2Tip the crumbs into a bowl, then mix through the melted butter.
- 3Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared tin and bake for 10 minutes then set aside.
- 4Using an electric mixer, beat Kiri cream cheese on low-med speed for about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- 5Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well then add the eggs and extra yolk, one at a time beating until each is incorporated.
- 6Add the sour cream, salt, lemon juice and zest and beat well.
- 7Pour half of cheesecake mixture over the base. With a teaspoon, dollop small blobs of strawberry sauce over the top.
- 8With a spoon, carefully spoon over the remaining cheesecake mixture. Smooth out the top just a little, then again use a teaspoon to dollop over the remaining strawberry sauce.
- 9. Use a knife to run through the little strawberry patches to give it a swirl effect.
- 10. Bake for 45-50 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven. There should be a slight wobble in the center.
- 11. Turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for half an hour with the door half open.
- 12. Remove it from the oven and let it cool at least a further 45 minutes at room temperature.
- 13. Cover with a plate over the top of the tin and place it in the fridge to set completely. Let it cool and set for at least 2-3 hours. Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve.