Kiri Borak Style Sambouseks
Crispy Borek Style sambousek filled with Kiri Square Portions and spiced spinach
For the Kiri Cream Filling
- 16 Kiri Square Portions
- 500g spinach
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Wrappers
- 20 Samosa leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
For the Flour Paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water
For the Decoration
- 2 tablespoons nigella seeds
Prepare the Kiri Cream Filling
- 1In a pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the spinach, season with pepper and cook until the spinach wilts down.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 4In a medium bowl, mash the Kiri square portions with a fork.
- 5Drain the cooked spinach mixture to get rid of excess water and mix it with the mashed Kiri.
Assemble the Rolls
- 1In a small bowl, add water and flour and mix to make the flour paste.
- 2Cut the samosa leaves with a knife to create long rectangular strips (5 cm x 30 cm).
- 3Place 2 teaspoons of the filling at the top of each of the samosa leaf strips. Shape the triangular samosas.
- 4Place some of the flour paste at the end of the samosa leaf strips to seal up the pastry. Freeze the triangles for at least 30 minutes.
Bake the Samosas
- 1Place the rolled samosas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 2In a small bowl, beat the egg and soy sauce.
- 3Brush the samosas with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the nigella seeds, then bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately!